Ongoing Orthopædic Trauma Research
Below is a list of ongoing research studies.
- Humerus shaft study – ORIF vs. Non-operative management
- INSITE – Intramedullary Nail versus Sliding Hip Screw Inter-Trochanteric Evaluation
- Distal clavicle study – ORIF vs. Non-operative management
- Flail Chest study – ORIF of rib fractures vs. non-operative management
- Ulnar nerve transposition RCT after ORIF of supracondylar humerus fractures
- Far Cortical Locking for locked plate fixation of distal femur fractures RCT
- Non-fracture needs of fracture patients – pilot study
- FLOW – Fluid Lavage of Open Fractures
Congratulations to our residents and research staff for making Winnipeg the top enrolling site in Canada!
- SPOR – Simplified Post-Operative Radiograph protocol pilot study
We demonstrated a 22 minute reduction in patient time spent in clinic and 85$ savings in x-ray costs in the first 6 weeks post-op